Online: Working With Parents and Families With Julie Westrop
- 21st Sep 2020
- Culture & Community, Inclusion, NQT
- Teaching & Learning
- Lunch Not Included
- Refreshments Not Included
- From £35.00
This online training is for any member of staff in the early stages of working in a supportive/advisory role with parents and families. The 5 x 1.5 hour online training modules which are spread out over 5 weeks
The modules equip delegates with the knowledge, skills and confidence to both support and advise parents/carers in their parenting role so that their children develop, achieve and thrive at school.
During the online Zoom session , the trainer will share their screen, video and audio. Attendees are able to interact with one another and the trainer. Additional materials shared with delegates post session.
Session 1 - 21st September 2020
- Exploring the parent support role
- Establishing contact and starting to develop a positive relationship with parents/carers.
- Getting to know the parent community
- Appreciating the challenges for some parents and schools in developing the relationship with school ( including difference and diversity )
Session 2 - 29th September 2020
- Developing skills in communicating effectively with parents/carers
- Developing a partnership model of working.
- Having difficult conversations.
Session 3 - 9th October 2020
- Recognising resilience in a family and adopting a strengths based approach
- Exploring concepts of parenting and the parenting role
Session 4 - 15th October 2020
- Developing the use of contracting skills
- Using coaching principles in working with families
- Helping families set goals
Session 5 - 23rd October 2020
- Resources to support you in your work.
- Developing reflective practice
- Next steps
Julie Westrop- Director of A2E2 Edu Ltd and creator of Cafés for All®, the whole school approach to engaging families in supporting learning, co-ordinator of Norfolk’s Family Practitioner Network , Associate Adviser with VNET, consultant /adviser on all aspects of the school/home partnership, involving and engaging parents in learning , community engagement. Former LA Senior School Adviser/S.I.P./Ofsted inspector, LA lead adviser for Family Engagement, Parent Support Adviser Co-ordinator and Literacy Adviser .